Saturday, February 04, 2006

Guitars, Stupidity, and Laughs

Recently, I have been doing a lot of really dumb things, that in retrospect I have been getting a kick out of. For example, I had to change a string on my new electric guitar for the first time. I looked at it for a while before deciding that I had to remove the entire back of the guitar to do so. I did that, and successfully changed the string. The next day, looking at the back of the guitar, I noticed a grill through which you can change the strings without utterly dismantling the guitar. Maybe that is a bit of an overstatement, as I only had to remove five screws and slide the back plate over, but all the same it was kinda funny. The insides of my guitar are really interesting though: (to me at any rate) there are three really big springs (for the whammy bar) some wires (...) and six slots for the strings to fit through. I might dismantle it again just to fool around with the insides... nah, probably not, I paid to much for my baby, but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Hey, that's cool, heh, anyway, are you getting good at your electric yet?? can you play any cool songs yet?? got an amp?? a good one? well, anyway, yeah, ttyl

Graham said...

yeah, actually, to all but the first and second. (in my opinion. other people have said that I am getting good with it, and my brother likes some of the songs I have recorded with it, but I don't, so I'll let you be the judge. essentially, I have an amp that I like.)

Anonymous said...

I realy like your guitar! it is realy fun to mes around whith.
I am glad I get to have lessons from you.