Sunday, January 29, 2006

Computer Musings

I have been using Google for a lot of things recently. Search engine, e-mail, blogging, etc., and they know what they are doing. It almost looks like they are preparing to take over the world: they are some sort of society that is run by some alien mastermind on pluto who knows humanity inside and out, and is running all other communication systems off of the net, so that when the aliens are ready to take over, all they have to do is crash all their programs and the world would be there for the taking. (I only sound paranoid and delusional, I am not really, I simply have an "over active imagination".) At any rate, whoever they are and what ever they are trying to do they certainly know their computers. I have recently had computer problems cleared up by their comprehensive help site which is so much better than Microsoft's that I have now officially given up on Microsoft's help system (which I have hated for years.)

They are not without their problems though, I can't post comments on other people's sites and at the moment, they can't post on mine, which ranks upwards of the top ten uncool things for my computer to do. It may have something to do with me being in a different country (Yemen for those of you unaware of my history and shortcomings), and it could be that I have some settings on my computer set too high or it could be some other plethera of problems, or it could be some combination of errors. It is amazing that computers work at all considering that they work in binary, and a single digit change can crash certain programs...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Computers are to cofusing.