Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Random Recollections

Yesterday was kinda whacked: it was a random collection of lucky and unlucky events. Firstly, it was my birthday, and my school had school canceled for the Islamic new year, which was nice: I got to sleep in for the first time in several weeks that I got to sleep in. AP chemistry has been eating my weekend sleep for the past month now. The down sides were that I got sick and the computer deleted my latest in music composition. I started over, because I liked it, but it is going to take a while to get the mess back to its former "glory." I think I used a different beat, but I think the tune and chords are roughly the same. At any rate, I have AP chemistry tomorrow (bleuagh! Run in terror for your life! It is after you, and this time you have reason to be paranoid!) and youth group tonight, so I'm going to have to hype myself up on caffeine to survive all four hours of it tomorrow.

I borrowed a book called the Opal Deception from a friend of mine recently, fourth in the Artemis Fowl series (I'm not sure I spelled that correctly). At any rate, it is a good simple read, better if you need a laugh, but I would recommend that you get the first one first, because it is sort of a single long story: you need to know everything that went on beforehand to understand this book. The other books were just as good though, so don't worry if you really want to read this one but are terrified of having to slog through pages of dull future classics material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the Artemis Fowl series too (although I'm only on the third one.