Monday, February 06, 2006

Irony and Alchemy

Last night the power went out again at our place (a common occurrence here in the netherworld) while I was studying AP Chemistry. Not a favorite subject, but it needed to get done, so I went and got a candle. After studying thermodynamics and thermochemistry for a while I sat up and felt totally like an alchemist. Amusing in this "modern" age. Which reminded me of when I studied computer programming by candle light. I got a good kick out of that. I am considering starting a list. The heading would go something like "comical studies by candle light" or something like that.

2 comments:

Andrew said...

you totally should start a list, that would be hysterical!! btw, what is webmonkey.com?? jw

Graham said...

webmonkey is a funny site that can teach you just about everything you need to know about web disign and many other things. It has a cool page with the codes for different colors on web sites and other crazy things like that.