Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Engine Error

Well, dad has been fooling with his internet security things again, and there is now this big huge bar that usually says "Fraud monitoring is on" across the top. However, whenever I go to my blog, it says Engine error. From this I can make paranoid conclusions:

Something has hacked into my blog and now steals everyone's credit card number.

Norton is messing up again.

The Aliens are after me again.

Speaking of different things on the computer, we got iTunes 7. I love it. It has this lovely album art viewing mode that is just downright gorgeous. I should upload all my album art just so that I can enjoy it. Apple has some zen masters designing their products. Nobody can use anything else with them, but they just work so well. (for the most part. I have this ability to crash apples just by sitting down in front of them, but then Jeffrey can crash a windows in exactly the same way.)

I am in the process of downloading Csound. I have no clue what it does just yet, however, I hope I can do some sound synthesis with it, and if it meshes with Audacity I will be most pleased. It is 18 megs (a big file for my connection). Be quiet all you people with mad fast internet. I have very little talent in the realm of music, I mostly like to make noise. I recorded one thing and turned it into mp3 using iTunes, and one day it came up when I had it randomly playing through the library. Mom came in and said, "Turn that noise off!" maybe its me, maybe its my family, or maybe I need to find a whole bunch of people who are as musically stupid as I am and make noise together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone with mad fast internet, I'm obliged to point out that 18 megabytes is small stuff. Heehee.

Jasmine said...

chill. i got the same engine error thing when i tried to log in. then it all turned ok eventually.
maybe i'll upgrade to iTunes 7.
oh, and by the way, my computer is totally terrible. .. and it's a mac.

Graham said...

so there is at least one bad mac out there... with the exception of all the dead macs in the science room at SIS (which Jeremy will tell me are only two years younger than I am...) iTunes 7 is amazing.

Jeremy, be quiet.