Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bab Al Yemen

Wednesday, I went to the old city with some of my friends. It is Ramadan, so we went at about 10 pm. It was packed. We wandered around Bab Al Yemen for a while, and bought a cake of sugar (the red kind is best) looked at silver antiques (don't get me wrong here, they were like silver swords and guns from before the civil war and stuff like that) Then I bought fireworks. I am physically incapable of entering the old city without buying fireworks. I just can't. Unfortunately, they didn't have any corsairs... I had to make do with double charge explosives that are nowhere near as powerful... Oh well, I guess you can't have your kiyak and heated too.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!
I went to, and even if i got us lost and took us out the wrong door, it's not my fault. All the other times i went, Tim did all the work

Anonymous said...

does this blinkin song ever stop playing? i bet you'd have a lot more comments if you didn't have such a crappy, repettative song

Graham said...

sorry dude, I had no idea u wanted to be known on my blog. I'll change that ever after.

No, the blinkin song doesn't stop playing. I will set it to play only once next time I upload a song though.

Anonymous said...

It's not a bad song, captain whiney. To quote a line from our forum wall, if you're going to make a comment like that, have the guts to sign a name to it. Congrats on grabbing some more explosives Graham. (Man am I starting to miss fireworks!)
- Jeremy

Jeffrey said...

It's an excellent song, Abe, so shut up. Unfortunately, for me it only plays once and then stops unless i reload the page.

Jasmine said...

ha ha
I like this song. I listen to it on purpose. (that's a high compliment by the way!)
you actually eat those sugar cakes? did aaron try any?
Ramadan is the greatest time to go to Bab al Yemen. I love it there. Maybe someday I shall return to it. . .

Graham said...

Thx dudes.

Yeah, Aaron tried the sugar cakes. I think he liked it. He was finishing it off three days later or so. I like them as well, just in smaller doses. Bab al yemen is amazing. I go there to get lost and then have fun. (and buy explosives. I just love explosives.)

Charity said...

Fireworks are illegial here -- I think. Blah.

ha, the kiyak thing made me laugh (even though I've heard it before). :o)

Charity said...

Fireworks are illegial here -- I think. Blah.

ha, the kiyak thing made me laugh (even though I've heard it before). :o)

Graham said...

top ten pun list, right?