Sunday, June 25, 2006

Timeline & my Girl

I have a new absolute favorite book: Timline, by Michael Crichton. Quantom Mechanics and the medevil ages all in one. The guy is an absolute genius. If you like either quantom mechanics or knights and ladies and whatnot, read it. This book is right up my ally, at any rate. It starts to get really, really good around page 13o. It also has some archeology thrown in.

The second thing is that my purdy black singing girl (guitar) still needs a name. I posted about it in the last post, but only Jeffrey commented. There are some "rules" to the game, although if someone came up with a really neat name outside of the parameters I set up, chances are I would use it. Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sorry about the really short post, I was just so excited over my new favorite book (I havn't had a favorite book for several years now) that I had to post about it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A late comment,
I would beg your forgiveness but I really don't care! You have asked me to defend myself and defend myself I shall. Aside from countless small blunders the biggest failure of all in the sad cinema adaptation of Lewis' classic books is the death scene. I mean it should have been gut wrenching! It should have had the entire audience crying! The suspense should have rivaled Hitchcock! But none of this happened! What we got was a bland, dull, "Oh, he's dead." You couldn't fill a thimble with the tears caused by that scene! (Excluding tears of boredom and/or anger.)
The movie had its ups. But they were far out weighed by the downs.
Steamily,
The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Andrew said...

yeah well, mister phantom you just don't know how to enjoy a movie...ahem...

jeez graham, i thought from the title that u got a girlfriend...lol and then i read the rest and thought, ok, much better...heh

Graham said...

sheesh, and I thought I was a fierce critic. Whatever, sir phantom, but, what is a gut wrenching scene? I need a reference point, as I have never felt my gut wrenched.

No, I am not that stupid. I wouldn't get a girlfriend right before we would have to break up when I leave for indiana, or in yemen, when I have to go to college, etc. I love my independence. My guitar does need a name though.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have an idea for your guitar, but I posted it in the other post. My girl, eh?
Timeline is the best! Michael Crichton knows his stuff.
Btw, phantom-type person, you have to admit that the White Witch was done very well. But that death scene was pretty bad, must say.

Graham said...

Have you read timeline? I love that book. I have yet to finish it, but it is tense. Great alleviation to the boredom.

We actually alread did. Abe has the first one in whatever series it is in, but he won't let me touch it. Little surprise there though