Thursday, June 29, 2006

Of psychology and Aquariums

I know, I know, a weird mix, and it doesn't sound interesting, but that's my life at the moment. I think to stay alive mentally, and I was taken to a really nice aquarium, so here goes. I won't even talk about psychology, despite the fact that I could, I just thought I would use the word, as it is impressive. At the moment, we are staying with my grandparents in Tennessee, in a retirement area, where 50% of the population is over the age of 50, and then a good 75% of the rest is over 30. The result of that is that there are no teens living in the area with two exceptions, me and my brother Abraham. The end result of that is that there are two very bored teens in Tennessee. We are good brothers, we understand accouter and we get along great, but family is family, and you just want to get away from it occasionally, especially if your family includes six little kids, both cousins and otherwise, as well as multiple aunts and uncles and other long lost relatives that you wouldn't even know you had. Any way, there are all these old people in the area, and most of them have had a life of eating well, even the ones under the age of 30, and there are a host of fat people. Large, bloated, distorted, with a natural transportation method reminiscent to that of ducks. I can't wait to go to Indiana where there are teens, and not so many fat, old, grouchy people.

The Aquarium was awesome. There was this one large tank with 3500 some fish in it, including at least 5 two meter long sharks. I can now say that I have had a large shark swim menacingly over me. When you are first introduced to the tank, you are at the top of it and can only see a small part of it, but you keep getting different views of the tank, with new fish and new types of coral and all. At one point close to the end, the path goes under and through the tank, and there are large glass domes to climb in and out of to see the fish, but you can't see the path from outside of the tank, so the path through it was a complete surprise and very cool.

that's it for my life at the moment, try not to die of excitement while reading it.

12 comments:

Andrew said...

nice...u really need to get up here, i just figured out everything and we will have one week to do whatever at like the end of July where you and i will be in the same place at the same time...amazing huh? lol, so we should so do something....

Anonymous said...

No, Graham, what have you done! I'm now dying of sympathy boredom for you (except for the aquarium, which does sound cool). Going down, down, down...

By the way, how's the name for your guitar coming along?

Graham said...

Hey Andrew, how are the Hard Core Apples comming? I am majorly looking forward to playing with you dudes. (the only problem with the name is that people will mistake us for Mac fans... something I am not.)

still those three names... darcallene, kali, or kiara. Strongly leaning towards Kali though.

Jeffrey said...

you must be really bored if the only reason you use the word psychology is for impressing people.
Big aquariums are definitely awesome.
if it makes you feel any better, it is not terribly exciting in Yemen right now either, what with everybody leaving (or, like you, have already left).

Anonymous said...

Hey Graham I just thought that you should kow its pretty darn boring in Dubai, I am in the same position as you are, there are abolutely no teenagers within a hundred mile radius.

I looked on the internet for some names for your guitar and this is what I came up with
Achlys, meaning mist or darkness
Elvira, meaning mistress of the dark
Ciara, meaning black and mysterious
use them if you can.

Oh and todo the upright is my new game name.

Anonymous said...

that last comment was published by tim and i tim have the game name todo the upright i jut thought i would make that clear. from now on i will comment with the name todo the upright and if you don't believe me do you think anyone but tim would do something like this==================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
======================================
=====================================.

Graham said...

nope, nobody but tim... Use your blogger acount though. I think you can change your screen name if that helps.

Graham said...

you edit your profile. I think. Look in there somewhere.

Jasmine said...

which aquarium?

Graham said...

chatenuga. That is spelled wrong. its a fact, but its in TN somewhere. I am geographically and directionally challenged.

Jasmine said...

CHATTANOOGA!!!! AAAAHH. That's my city, and therefore, my aquarium. Covenant is right up the mountain from there. (right on the other side of the ga border) And one of my best friends (Manda, the one who got married a few weeks ago) works there. when you talked about the sharks, i was pretty sure which one you were talking about.
I've even been to a Sadie Hawkins style dance in that aquarium. creepy. . .the guy I took is married now. gosh, i'm old. But i'm excited that you got to go to it.

Graham said...

Wow! dude! I had no clue! a bizare sense of time and distortion and...stufffff now...