Monday, June 19, 2006

Last Weekend

Last weekend was hectic, as I believe the list showed. At any rate, The last two days have been even busier: I did four Pre Calculus homeworks in the time allotted for one in a heroic (maybe) attempt to get an academic award. Anyway, that is now over with, and all I have left is a test over two presidents and a vocab quiz before I am DONE!

I don't know why I am actually doing this, but I will give a review of Narnia for our Phantom... Narnia was great. The witch was by far the coolest character. The Bull was also really cool, and the centaurs were done very well indeed. The graphics were great, and it hardly deviated at all from the story. They didn't know much about the language of weapons though, because when Peter arrives in Aslan's camp he pulls out his sword and waves it around: a sign of contempt as well as a chalange: Basically, he was saying come and get me, I am hostile to you, I have not come in peace and I can take you all on all at once. Also, at the very beginning of the battle at the end, He pulls out his sword and then gives the order to charge, but the gryfins fly over...Go figure. Also, the witch should so have barbecued Peter, because she was orders of magnitude better than he was. The other thing was that Aslan's voice was nowhere near deep enough. The only problem that I noticed with the computer graphics was the train at the beginning: the steam looked good except that it was going about four times too fast.

Thermite was bad. Very bad. One of my teachers heard about our enterprise and tried to do it for his science class, so we gave him all of our hard earned aluminum powder, and he pulled iron II oxide off the shelf (which is supposed to do in a pinch) as opposed to iron III oxide. He mixed it up with our aluminum in the right (I think) proportions and then pulled about a foot of magnesium off of the school's supply roll. It wouldn't light. Nothing would light. (besides the matches which we lit with reckless abandon.) We tried everything, nothing worked, so now we have this lethal red powder just sitting in his classroom. I think we didn't have fine enough powder, and I have heard that you can get it out of etch-e-sketches...

Xebec and Zarz of Hazard... I haven't actually done anything with them recently except work on themes and such, although I have worked for several hours on a song for Zarz of Hazard which is nearing a complete stage. I hope to finish writing it today and record it with Tim tomorrow. I also hope to actually do something with Xebec now that my computer has unglitched...

The new song is Song X by East West on the album Light in Guenivere's Garden. We go to the States in two days. I have to (in order of importance) dismantle my guitar (so I can take it with me in my carry on. I really don't like the idea of intentionally taking it apart...) pack and lastly clean up my room and my cupboard and drawers etc. I don't think I will be able to post for a while...

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

yah right! your room will never be clean! no matter how hard u try to clean it. and i don't think you'll have a chance to do anything with tim...

Jeffrey said...

Graham, did one of your atomic tests fail on ur other blog and blow it all to smithereens? oh, and btw, how did u get that pop-up window to come up?

Graham said...

true, true, no, I deleted it, and the window poped up because I programmed it to do so in Java... which I now hate.

Charity said...

I loved Narnia! I was so glad that they didn't really take away from the real story in the book. Yeah I agree that Aslan's voice wasn't really deep enough. But I still enjoyed the movie a ton! I saw it in theaters and then just a few days ago at home.

Have fun in the States! Will you be there for the whole summer or what? That's so weird that you have to take your guitar apart... Tell all my lovely Lafayette people I say "hello, I miss you!"! ;-) hehe.

Graham said...

I am really persnikety...lol. I am an evil critic, especially of music. I can even find problems with famous composers. I will be in the states for the next couple weeks (nine of them I think...)

I litterally cried when I took it apart. I haven't cried for years. did you have any specific people in mind for me to give your greetings too?

Graham said...

I'd love to see you and the phantom have a word battle over this, but our phantom doesn't seem to want to defend himself...