Thursday, September 28, 2006

Math at its Muddiest

Today several fun and interesting things happened, but first and foremost we played Ultimate Frisbee as a youth group again. People are learning. Fast. Today there was much more running, throws were lower and faster, catches were more consistent, and there was more movement, less endzone sitting. We will have a Frisbee game by the end of the year, and I am looking forwards to it. In fact, despite how I hate running, I have started, so I can be in shape for Frisbee. But I digress. This is not math. Later this evening, we had a "Quiz" random facts about just about anything. We had one "Joker" we could place as we like, and being a calculus student I was saving our joker for math. What happens? Instead of being limits and derivatives and functions and all that fun stuff, its how many earrings does Denese wear, times the number of stars on the Australian flag. Irritation. Intense irritation. Not being so observant we go 20% right out of 10. Mega bad. Bleah. It was not math it was simple arithmetic and observation. Oh well. Next time I won't put it on math.

12 comments:

Jasmine said...

you're strange. but i think you should know, that i leave your blog open in the background so i can listen to this song.
i'm glad ultimate was good--i talked to j and j right before they left for it. and i have to say, running to get in shape for it is dedication indeed. i detest running with every fiber of my being. ick.

Jeffrey said...

haha-your the calculus student and I am still in algebra 2, and i got more questions right then you did!
If you want to make running fun, you can try to borrow Abe's ipod and listen to it while you run. I find it makes running much more enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

hear hear habla abla. to quote a wise person i once heard, "no pain, no pain." i contend that running is a form of self-injury, and i will beat you over the head with a titanuim/aluminum/tungsten alloyed croquet mallet if i see it perfomed in my presence! just kidding of course. i admire the dedication you have towards ultimate frisbee.

Graham said...

I hate running myself, but there are not a whole lot of ways to get in shape around here, so run it is. I am usually running at the same time Abe is though, so he is using his iPod. I bought one, but the US postal service stole it.

Jasmine said...

taliesin, my dear, that is my motto as well!! i'm such a fan of that thought philosophy that it is one i put into practice every day of my life.
graham. . .i would give you my walkman, but i think it may have died from old age and antiqueness. ha ha. can you still buy tapes in yemen?

Graham said...

some yeah, but they are all either blanks or loaded with pirated Yemeni music and don't last for more than a day.

Anonymous said...

Of course it's your motto, habla abla dear, I was quoting you when I said it. I have, you see, a memory like a steel trap! It just, uh, rusts here and there.

Jasmine said...

woah. . .i'm amazed and proud that I had such an influence. . .*single tear for effect* perhaps i can influence more to achieve my ultimate plan. . .which i should probably decide on, sooner or later. . .hmmmm

Charity said...

Oooh Oohh, pick ME! There are 7 stars on the Australian flag.

haha I'm sure you wanted to know that.

oookkkay...I need to go to bed. (btw I wonder what the time difference between us is.)

Graham said...

hm, thats funny, because the book that the answers were comming out of said 6... but then it said that mt everest was in China.

Jasmine said...

i'm in china

Graham said...

do you live on everest?