Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thursday

Ok, this is a tad late, but here goes. I had a cool last weekend. It was three days, due to Yemeni elections. Apparently, the army was used to influence voters out in the east where they still run around with machine guns most of the time, and I have heard rumors of terrorists and such, but over all its been purdy quiet...Except for last night. Ramadan started yesterday, and last night there were fireworks going off, and some one with an AK let off ten or so rounds under my window last night while I was trying to study. This morning at school, Andre was talking about the gun shots he heard last night, and everyone had their explosion stories today... At any rate, what with all the terror threats and such, youth group got cancelled on Wednesday, but when things stayed quiet, we all went out and played Ultimate Frisbee at SIS. I am out of shape. Very out of shape. I am staying after school today to run to get in shape so that I can actually play the crazy game next time. Ah well. I really should be working...

6 comments:

Charity said...

Wow that's kind of scary... Ultimate Frisbee is the best! I haven't played it in a long while, though.

Hey are you doing stuff with Lara now that she's there?

Thanks again for your last comment on my blog. :-) I really appreciate that you understand...and I think I'm going to just keep ignoring that anonymous person...bad as I may sometimes want to lash out an answer. :-P Anyway, just wanted to say another thank you!

Anonymous said...

lara? andre? wait, is that andry, you mean? bright and chipper fellow, madagascarian background, perhaps? sounds like you're having a good time, so keep up the ultimate frisbee!

Jeffrey said...

If that was how you play when you are out of shape, I'd hate to play you when you are in shape. You were playing a lot better than everyone else.

You can at least be thankful the guy didn't shoot the AK while you were trying to sleep...I mean, studying isn't that important, but sleep is.

Graham said...

Hey Charity, no problem, glad you appreciated it. I thougt I had gone a little overboard with it, might get people riled or whatever.

You hit the nail on the head dude. That guy. btw, he can run. He ran 10km to school today and then 6 or so after school in cross countryl. I couldn't believe it.

Amen brother Jeffrey. (on the sleep comment not the frisbee one. Get Jeremy to tell you how I rank against the american frisbee freaks. From what I hear about them, all of us against three of them would loose.)

Anonymous said...

we would indeed lose, and lose badly at that. simply incredible is a good description for their dedication to the game. it's a little bizarre, actually, but hey, i'm not going to knock them just because they're focusing all of their athletic talent on a plastic circle with a rim. they have the most incredible throws and plays.

Graham said...

there you go.