Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Godfather

I have just discovered the second song worth memorizing! (on guitar that is) It is "Speak Softly Love": the love theme from The Godfather (incidentally, a movie I now want to see.) The first song worth memorizing was "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" but that one was a bit long, so I have parts of it all jumbled up. I should go back and work on it again. However, "Speak Softly Love" is purdy cool. I nearly have it, and I just got the music today. One of the great things about it was that to get it I had to learn a new key, but hey, this is exactly what I have been looking for: a piece of music that is quite a ways beyond my skill level that intrigues me, and I found it, and I got it and it was cool! I should record it and set it as my new song, but not tonight. I still sound terrible, and I have another 1000 words to write on my very large paper tonight if I am going to keep up with my quota... I think I am going to need more data by the end of this mess.

7 comments:

Charity said...

still trying to get over the last post.... straight hair. Slightly scary. Slightly.

ha.

Graham said...

It was great, no? I got a good laugh out of it. This one girl saw me, did a double take and screamed. I think it just might be worth repeating if only for that reaction. I was laughing so hard.

Jeffrey said...

i've heard that the Godfather is a really good movie...I would like to watch it too, but, unfortunately I am not allowed to...

Graham said...

If I get a hold of it we can beg and plead to watch it together then, cause that makes two of us. The music is cool at any rate.

Anonymous said...

We did a Godfather raid on our sister floor a while back. It was sweet; that was the raid that eventually ended up with the fire chief, ambulances, 7 police units, and a lot of interrogation. Cool. The movie's amazing too.

Anonymous said...

I love 'Jesu, Joy Of Man's desiring' Which one have you heard? I've heard Josh Groban's version.

Jasmine said...

hey, i'll watch godfather with you two. I'll be the "adult" supervision, k? I've been wanting to watch it for a while. Hee hee.
See you soon!