Sunday, September 10, 2006

Calculator Dependency

I have been developing bad habits. Lately, I have discovered that I can't do math unless I have my calculator sitting beside me with the cover off and turned on. It just has to be there for me to be able to think for some reason. Today, I turned it on and left it while I did my homework, even though I didn't use it once. Last night I tried to program it, but the manual is poorly written, so I guess I will just have to fool with it for several hours before I get it. I figured out how to do if/then functions physics this morning while I was only sorta paying attention.

6 comments:

Jeffrey said...

what will you do if your calculator breaks? Fail all your classes? This might be a wise habit to break....

Anonymous said...

Ah, Graham. You have taken a crucial step towards beating calculus: complete and utter reliance on your calculator. There really is no other way to survive that class. You will grow to love your casio, and just opening it will give you a feeling of security after a while. However, BEWARE! Out of the 4 sections on the AP Calculus AB test, 2 of them are done without your electronic security blanket. The only good news is that Mr. Hamish's tests are calculator friendly.

Anonymous said...

Does it annoy anyone else that at the bottom, it says "1 comments" until you put a second one in? How hard would it be to leave out the 's' when only one person has said something?

Graham said...

electronic security blanket, huh? yeah, its becoming that way. Abe came to me the other day asking for help with his calculator (which has the capacity of about four of five of mine, which is really not fair at all) and I was like, ha ha! A victim! He didn't know how to do anything, and I realized how well I had grown to love mine.

Anonymous said...

You are all very strange.

The Phantom of the Kitchen.

Anonymous said...

You're obviously not at a level where you have to take calculus yet. So there!