Sunday, June 04, 2006

The End of My Life

My life is largely coming to the end of my control. My friends are going to colleges in universities two continents away from me, all my classes next year with one exception (muzik) don't look like any fun, and my summer has been taken away from me (we are trekking all over the states, but we will only spend a week or so in Lafayette, and we will have to go camping... I will probably have to learn to drive sometime, and I have had less time to play computers recently, and it doesn't look like I will be able to play them much in the future either. After I graduate, I will probably wind up in some university some where and discover that it is not all its cracked up to be, and find myself with ten minutes of free time a day, studying the heck out of who knows what, only to get a job and discover that its not all its cracked up to be either... A friend of mine once said this: life sucks, then you die, and I am starting to realize how true that is.

7 comments:

Jeffrey said...

Hey Graham. did you fix my hivequeen blog so i could put titles? anyway, even if you didn't, i can now.
i think you are being slightly too pessimistic right now. you must always believe that your life will get better, not worse! (not as though i believe that or anything, but i have heard that is good to keep a positive outlook on life) and never forget: you know the answer!!!

Graham said...

I didn't actually do anything to your blog after Thursday... I think it was a delayed effect change, I think you fixed it when you opted for the titles...

Just why is it good to keep a positive outlook? did you read that on one of those government sponsored web sites that promotes happiness and productivity, or what?

Charity said...

ouch.
okay i'm not going to say anything like "look on the bright side" because that makes matters worse. but i will say i might have a tiny taste of what your feeling. sorta, kinda, in a way...not really. :-P

i commented below, as well.

depression isn't very healthy. heh.

Jasmine said...

talk about high school angst. . .goodness gracious. but hey, i went throught the exact same thing (except i don't go camping), with my friends going away, and less time to goof off. it's just part of growing up in Yemen. I know it seems like it sucks sometimes, but the sacrifices are SO worth it. And yes, life does suck sometimes, but it's no good expecting it to suck, it can do that without your expectations. trust me on this one.
Oh, and university isn't all it's cracked up to be--it's better. Seriously, I had more free time my freshman year than I did at any point in high school. And I had a LOT of friends addicted to computer games, XBox, PlayStation, and all the rest of that crap. Most of them passed their classes too. You learn to use your time wisely. And that could take you all of college to learn. . .or maybe you'll never learn it. Either way, HAVE FUN.

Chill a little. . .get some sleep. You'll feel better someday! :-D

Graham said...

thanks for the encouragement, I think it was partly a sleep problem, it was so hot in my room that I wasn't sleeping. Dad bought a fan for my room, and I slept like a rock all last night.

Free time is not really a problem: I usually have between five and six hours of free time a day. I was worried I was going to loose it.

Graham said...

Ah... Hey Charity: I am a tck, I know exactly what you are going through, and it is simmilar to what I am going through. Thx for the encouragement again.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»