Wednesday, May 10, 2006

AP Chemistry and Fiberglas

I just finished my AP chemistry exam. I feel so liberated: I don't have to wake up early every weekend to study it, I don't have to fret in my sleep any more about it, I don't have to study it endlessly, I am free! Well, at least for the moment.

Last period I almost got high on Fiberglas resin. That stuff is wicked. If you get it on your gloves, it stays there. If you get it in your brushes, it stays there, and it ruins the brush permanently. Even soaking the brushes in gasoline doesn't do a thing. That stuff is incredible. It hardens in about a quarter of an hour, so you have to work quickly while wearing latex gloves, aprons and gas masks (that don't do anything.)

5 comments:

Charity said...

"gas masks that don't do anything"

Hmm... reminds me of something... at ECHO last year, Beth and I were scraping tis carpet glue junk off a concrete floor and we had to use this chemical stuff (hehe I know, I'm being very descriptive) to get it off. We had masks and gloves, but the masks didn't do anything and we had T-shirts on, so the stuff still got on our arms and "burned" our skin. Anyway, we kind of didn't read the instructions which told us to let it sit for 10 mins (or something) and go out of the room. We were in there for over 2 hours with NO breaks. When we got out... we were a little on the "sick/high" side. I'm told we were acting pretty weird. All I know is that I had a killer headache afterwards.

David Pulliam said...

That is tight! I should try it out sometime. :)

Graham said...

The last time I got really high was when I spilled turpentine on my bed... I woke up and had a continuation of the dream/nightmare I was having while awake. Those were the most vivid dreams I have ever had, and they are still fresh in my mind despite the fact that they hapened upwards of a decade ago... The headache was bad too... so while being woozy and having nightmares is interesting to a degree it isn't worth it.

Charity said...

woah that is scary...

Graham said...

yeah. I don't exactly know how to describe it as a feeling.