Friday, April 21, 2006

RVA, 6 times 7 and a Four Person IM Session

All my Rift Valley Academy friends are back! They go to Kenya from Yemen to RVA, a boarding school, and I get to see them three times a year or so. It is a really sad system, I lost nearly all friends to the abyss. I lead a sad life. I live in Yemen, away from my friends in America, and then I make friends with all the kids who then vanish into the dark regions of Africa... Oh well, I will only have to go to college in another year or so and have to start all over again... I am really enjoying my time with them while they are here though.

After AP Chemistry yesterday (shivers) I went over to Jeffrey's house where I took tests. I had my blood pressure and pulse measured ten times during the afternoon, and I took a series of multiplication tables. Since I am in more advanced math courses, I haven't practiced my multiplication tables for years, and I had forgotten that six times seven is forty two. The interesting thing about the blood pressure and pulse deal was that I could feel my pulse, and I tried to control it. I am one of those people who likes to be in control of himself, if not the rest of the world around him. With more practice, I might actually be able to control my pulse, but I doubt it.

Just today, I had a four way instant message conversation with Andrew, Abraham, and Peter. Unfortunately, I and both my brothers were on the same computer, so we had to put our initials after everything we said. I think Andrew has consigned me to the loony bin, but then I probably deserved it.

9 comments:

David Pulliam said...

In shooting, some people are able to bring their heart beat down to 24 or something. At least, that is what I heard.

Anonymous said...

Hi again!
Hey graham there is a site for RP kids on the web and there are forums and polls. It's realy cool! www.rpcnayouth.com
come check it out!

Charity said...

haha I love confusing IM conversations!

Graham said...

What exactly do you mean by "shooting"?

I am checking the site out now... it hasn't loaded yet. Thx for the tip!

It was confusing, but nowhere near as bad as using two different servers while talking to the same person: Jeremy and I once used Google talk and MSN messenger at the same time. Every once in a while we would switch thoughts to the other. My head was spinning...

Anonymous said...

Graham,i'm glad to see you on the forum!

Charity said...

I've done that before! (switch from one messanger to the other with someone) It does get really confusing...

Graham said...

thx for the tip, Chelsea! 'tis a kul place.

Yeah the mesenger switch up thing had us both dizzy in no time. I was accused of schitzophrenia of all things.

Andrew said...

haha, the IM convo was hysterical anyway...

Graham said...

that was good... if hectic...