Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter, Battlefront, and Dubabs

Happy Easter everyone! Sadly, I only have today off, I have to go back to school tomorrow, and I had school yesterday, but hey, a day off I would take any day. At any rate, we woke up at 5:30. Bleagh. I am not a morning person, neither am I a late night guy. My preferred state is sleep. After the sunrise service our family came home and finished Captain Blood, and if you like adventure and buckaneering stories, this is a must for you. I won't ruin it, it is by Rafael Sabatini, and you can look it up at many books which I have linked.

After lunch, I headed over to Jeremy's house and we played Battlefront back and forth. Battlefront is a very realistic first or third person shooter, where you are dumped onto a battlefield, given several hundred allies, and told to get as many enemies as you can before going under and having to respawn. You can switch sides and continue, so that is what Jeremy and I did. One death each, back and forth, unfortunately we were on his laptop, and when the power went out and didn't come back on his computer went into hibernation and the match was undetermined...

On the way home I got on a dubab, (a long van that runs a bus rout that you can get on and off anywhere along the rout) one of the easier methods of transportation in the city, and if I am not in a hurry and I am next to the door, one of my favorites, because (if you get a good driver) he goes whizzing in and out and hanging out of the door can get you a nice adrenaline rush... (I am a hopeless adrenaline junkie.) unfortunately, I was in a hurry, I was not next to the door, and the seats were about half as long as I needed them: my knees stuck up over the seat in front of me by about six inches. I had no idea that the blood source to your feet is located in your shin, but it apparently is. When I could stretch my legs again, my left one was gone. I shook it, and it tingled so bad it hurt, so I just left it, and eventually it went numb, before biting me again. My shins are not going to forgive me for a while.

8 comments:

Charity said...

In Australia, Friday and Monday are part of the Easter holiday. Hehe yeah I think my prefered state is sleep, as well!

Hey I just learned that you would know Lara Nelson from Geelong! She said something about your family at Dixon's Creek. She's supposed to come to Frankston in a few weeks to share about Yemen. Anyway...I thought that was cool that she knows you guys! she and I had a ton of fun hanging out at our church camp this weekend! :-)

Graham said...

Lara is cool. She came with Titus Martin, Jason, and Mat. (I forget Jason and Mats' last names: I am really bad with names in general.) at any rate, we dragged them around Yemen for several weeks while they "learned" Arabic. They made some good progress, but there is no way in the world any one save a genius could learn a language that fast.

Anonymous said...

hey graham i didn't know you had a blog!! that's so cool
esther faris

David Pulliam said...

Hey Graham, I don't think I know you personally, but I saw your comment on my blog. By the way, what band is this song from?

Graham said...

This is my blog. It is pretty random.

This is Collide by Skillet. I have had it up for a while, I should change it, it is just that I like it so much. I sort of randomly comment on blogs. I don't think there is a pattern.

Anonymous said...

Graham hi! I am not sure if you remember me or not but I found your blog and thought I should say hi. I used to go to kokomo RPC but recently moved to chicago. You me and some of my friends had a berry fight on the front steps of sycamore a couple of years ago.

Chelsea Hodge

Graham said...

Hello Chelsea! I remember that. That was rather funny. I have been practicing for next time: my friend has been throwing things at me. I am getting better at avoiding high velocity objects.

Anonymous said...

Well I have had more practice throwing high velocity objects!

Hope to see you soon!!
Chelsea