Thursday, March 09, 2006

Track Meet and Weekend.

Yesterday was the annual track meet. I have been rather busy lately as a result of it, but it somehow missed getting posted about. At any rate, I competed in three events: shot put (I did really bad) discus, (really bad) and high jump (first.) I have a sneaking suspicion that my parents are prouder of the medal hanging in my room than I am. I cleared 170 cm, which is roughly a yard and three quarters: I can nearly jump over my best friend. He, however, can chuck a discus about a half again what I can, so fair's fair I guess. That was the first time I had ever won high jump, and since it is my favorite field event, I am rather pleased with myself. At any rate, the meet took from eight in the morning to four in the afternoon. I was fried. I went home, took a shower, and then went to youth group, went home and went to bed. The next thing I knew, I had over slept to my AP chemistry class, I got home, only to have lunch, and this is the first chance to post I have gotten in a while. If this is any indication of what the rest of my weekend is going to look like, I am terrified. Tonight, the youth group is having a progressive dinner, so it does indeed look like it is. At any rate, hectic is good, so I guess I'll have plenty to do...

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Hey, if you want to join the blog contest, you still can. Most of the Edomites (including Andrew) are in it...
Just comment on www.bloggingcontest.blogspot.com if you want to participate.

Andrew said...

hey, hectic definitely describes my life right now...heh so i know what it feels like

Graham said...

I sorta noticed. Your blog has been rather loaded with "so I went to this competition, and then this competition, and I have this competition to go to..." I actually lost sleep this last weekend.