Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Friday

I'm gonna break this into several posts, cause this last weekend was one of the funnest weekends I have had in my life, and it was full. Very full. A really short summary of what happened might help me get the order of things right latter on, and it might help you understand what all we did. So!



Friday: woke up really early to go to Lafayette to catch the bus up to Chicago and then a train to Talle's house.



Saturday: Went to the pool, rode water slides and bounced diving boards, went to Ignite Chicago rock concert where I saw Rebbecca Saint James, David Crowder Band, and Casting Crowns



Sunday: Went to Church, listened to a really good service, went to Six Flags Great America.



Monday: Took a train to Chicago, missed the bus, waited for seven hours, took the next one, had a wonderful person drive me to the fair where I met Andrew.



Tuesday: Played guitar all day with Andrew, got back to Martinsville, went to bed at 10 (so, like, not nearly as late as I had been up for the last few days...)



Wednesday: Woke up at 1:30 PM Payed for Purdue bills and things, and I am now blogging (as a side note, this post took a while 2 write, and I have now been golfing. No fun.).



But! Friday. I woke up early, about 6:30, and meandered my way through packing, including my new huge Behringer amp, guitar, computer, swim suit, and a lot of clothes. Stuffed it into the car, and wandered up to Lafayette where I caught my Greyhound bus up to Chicago. No problems there.



Once in Chicago however, things took an interesting turn. I got lost. While dragging a pile weighing some 30 kg. Most of it fragile or at least very valuable to me. So I got directions from this lady, and she pointed me off, and I started walking. About half a km down the road, I called the Weirich's and after finally figuring out what had happened, I had heard "What? You are where? Huh? how did you get there?" several times. I have no sense of direction, and by the time I had arrived, my right arm was dead. I had been hanging my guitar, my laptop, my amplifier and all my clothes off of it for about an hour, and had traversed the greater part of a long ways. I'd look it up on Google earth, but I don't want to be depressed by the reality of how far I actually did walk.

So I missed the train that day, and had to take the next one, which was something of aways a way, but once I made it on, and made it all the way to college avenue, I instantly started having the time of many lives. Talle can turn anything into a lot of fun. Anything. I have never met another person with his propensity for fun, and I doubt I ever will again, but in the mean time... a swing set was turned into an extreme sport center, (I had never seen a swing reverse dismount performed before, and I am now proud to say that I am now a master of the afore said stunt which involves a flip and some air time...) several new frolf courses were created, and let me tell you, whistling objects are a lot easier to dodge, but a lot freakier, because you can hear them coming, and with Talle, you have to assume that they are directly on target, and they usually are.

So. That evening. The Weirichs treated me to pizza at Ginos East. Very good pizza, and at least one gorgeous hostess. That aside, I have never felt so ignorant about my fellow SIS graju8s my entire life. Mrs. Weirich wanted to know everything. University, major, and middle name. I hadn't ever really interrogated any of them either. Mom thinks its just common information, but when you can be doing something productive and fun, why would you talk about the future? Some people find this ideology of mine irritating, but I have a lot of fun living by it. After all, I have just been through one of the most amazing cases of God's provision ever. I went from probably being in debt some 80,000 bucks by the end of university, and by his grace and generosity, that is now something very close to 0. I just paid my first Purdue bills for this first semester, and they came to something under 1400 for room and board. Tuition had already been covered by Purdue and several other grant programs. I still have to buy books, but I have stopped doubting that they will show up if I go looking for them.

So yeah. On that note, I will leave the rest of the adventure for a latter post. Hopefully sometime very soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah yes, my mom does have a tendancy to ask many questions about small details. Don't worry, no one I've met could even come close to answering all of them. Especially not us.

"So, you met the neighbors' son?"
"Yeah, mom"
"What's his name, cultural background, blood type, favorite number, where he's working, what his major is, the name of the friend he had in 2nd grade who dumped juice on him that one time, etc."

PS: Throwing whistling foam darts at your head is an ocean of fun.

Christina said...

*giggles* That's so great! I tend to be very into the little details aswell...I think it's a feminine thing.

You're living on campus? no offense, but stink!!! I can't think of anything I'd hate more.