Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Thermite, Xebec, and The Zarz of Hazard

I think we are actually going to succeed in making thermite. Thermite is simply aluminum powder and Iron (III) oxide, which you get by pouring bleach on iron. This reaction produces chlorine gas though, so I don't recommend doing it unless out doors in a windy area. All you do is mix the aluminum powder and the Iron (III) oxide in a certain proportion. (I think it is one to one, but I haven't checked it mathematically) at any rate, it burns at temperatures of up to 3000K and can burn underwater or in space, and can allegedly burn through the engine block of a car...

I am presently in three bands. One of them a friend of mine made and called Smile, however, she left and it sort of fell apart. The second is Xebec (which, incidentally is just me), and the Third hasn't actually done anything, but is called the Zarz of Hazard. When I get to America, I think I will join another one, bringing my tally up to four... I am now a teenage rock god... Maybe.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

heh, "teenage rock god" well, mabye that's a little stretch...lol, i can't wait to jam w/ u this summer, since we aren't going camping together, we should do something else cool...

Charity said...

so when are you going back to America? What kind of insturment do you play?

Charity said...

Oh and thanks for adding me to your links! I'll add you to mine while I'm thinking of it... :-)

Graham said...

I am beyond looking forwards to jamming. I just got home from AP Chem (bleagh) and then jazz band practice (awesome. I guess that puts me at four bands, five this summer... Rock god may be the beginning... lol.)

I am comming back to america this summer, I don't know exactly when... at any rate, I play electric guitar, or at least, I like to think I can play...