Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Restlessness and my Imagination

I am feeling restless. I can't sit still and do the same thing for more than half an hour without desperately wanting to get up and do something else. For me this is completely off the charts in bizarity. I have been known to sit still and not do anything except letting my mind wander in my many wonderland, where either I am wanted by the CIA for who knows what and I repel an attack on my home single-handedly using weapons of my own design from the best trained strike team on the face of the earth, or where I am some sort of knight back in the dark ages, wielding a sword, bringing justice to earth, or I am some whacked out magician on Antarctica before the last Ice age came as a result of the dark mages' greed for power, or some other nuty thing. I have also been known to read a book for six straight hours, not getting a drink, food, or taking any other sort of break. Being this restless is really starting to creep me out.

7 comments:

Andrew said...

ya, i can relate to all of that...heh, i mean, i have read a book for like 6 hours straight in a car trip before but sometimes i can't focus on chemistry for 2 min. it's crazy. like i can't sit down and do math and then i try history and i can't focus on that either. so i end up at the piano cuz i can focus on that...hehe, well, maybe we can come up with a cure somehow......but i doubt it...

Graham said...

it is pretty wild. Normally I can force my self to do something, but I seem to have lost the knack. I don't think anyone is paying any attention to my blog. I think I will wait for the contest to set in though before I give up.

Anonymous said...

hey Graham, wow you got a blog! I saw your link on Andrew's blog. Just wanted to say hi.
flo faris

Charity said...

Well, I can't say I'm with you on that... I am usually more on the restless side. I love sitting down and reading a book or something for an extended amount of time, but I don't think I've ever lasted 6 hours!! I'm not that patient.

Charity said...

Ahhh don't give up!! I just found your blog!!!

Graham said...

that ellicited a response (how do you spell that?) I think it is a guy thing. (not to be sexist or anything) My dad does it too. Girls can mulititask. I can't at all. Period. I have tried. I have tried many times.

I got a blog indeed. Mostly out of curriosity, (spelling again.) but it is rather fun. Ironic that you found it as I was considering giving it up.

Anonymous said...

Don't guive it up.